What is it about?
A positive reinforcement based dog training course for dog owners to understand dog behaviour, how to train up your dog with good manner and how to be a responsible dog owner.
The training course will consist of two sessions including one theoretical & one practical session conducted in Cantonese. Participants must complete the theoretical session before attending the practical session in the same month. Seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis upon submission of all required documents.
A quota of 20 seats are available in each course. Each successful applicant is eligible to bring 1 friend or relative along.
Understand dog related legislation in Hong Kong
Be a responsible dog owner
Behaviour of dogs in different age
Understand dog's body language
Build up good manner through positive reinforcement based training method
Understand how dog learns
How to build up trust relationship between human & dog
10 March, 2024 (Sunday) | 9:00 - 11:00 | 135 Junction Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong - HKSC Arts and Culture Centre 4/F
18 May, 2024 (Saturday) | 14:00 - 16:00 | 135 Junction Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong - HKSC Arts and Culture Centre 4/F
24 March, 2024 (Sunday) | 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:00 - 18:00 | 135 Junction Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong - HKSC Arts and Culture Centre 4/F
25 May, 2024 (Saturday) | 10:00 - 13:00 / 15:00 - 18:00 | 135 Junction Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong - HKSC Arts and Culture Centre 4/F
Enrollment will be ended once the course is full.
Welcome to subscribe the e-news of AFCD's website
for class update in the future
Enrollment Requirements for dogs
*Both dog licence & vaccination record shall be valid until the end of the course
5 months old or above
Vaccinated against canine distemper, hepatitis, parvovirus
Please submit the completed form & copies of the required documents using the following channels:
1. By FAX to 3104-0932
2. By MAIL to
17/F, Morecrown Commercial Building, 108 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong
The application must have a remark of “Application for dog training course" on the envelope.
The following precautionary measures will be taken to minimise the risk of disease spreading:
- All participants are recommended to
have their body temperature checked
and sanitiser their hands before entering
- No eating & drinking is allowed in the
- The organiser will implement other
precautionary measures in line with the
government announcement due to
- If the event venue is unable to provide
services due to any situation, the course
will be cancelled.
Typhoon & Rainstorm
If the Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above or "extreme conditions" after super typhoons announced by the Hong Kong Observatory is still in force 3 hours before the class, it will be cancelled.
If the Red/Black Rainstorm Warning Signal or Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above or "extreme conditions" after super typhoons announced by the Hong Kong Observatory is still in force 3 hours before the class, it will be cancelled.
The organiser reserves the right to cancel or terminate the course under inclement weather or any special circumstances.
We will contact the participants directly by phone or by text message regarding the cancellation or make-up class arrangement.
I understand and agree:
1. All the information collected by the organiser will be used for emergency and contact purpose only. All personal information will be destroyed and will not be retained after the completion of the course.
2. Once the participant's name & dog are verified, no changes can be made and no postponement of the course date is possible.
3. The organiser reserves the right to cancel or rearrange the course under adverse weather or any other special circumstance.
4. This course only introduces the basic dog training theories and skills to participants. If the dog's behavioral problem still present after the course, please consult for professional advise.
5. The organiser reserves the right to ask a dog to wear muzzle or leave the class if the dog may potentially cause danger to the people and the dogs around.
6. Due to limited resources the dogs that have attended AFCD dog training courses before will not be considered.
7. The organiser reserves the right to all final decisions.